Immolation Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A MLP-inspired Unity game.

HomePortalMeet the Mod TeamLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application for coding position

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
amtunlimited

Application for coding position Empty
PostSubject: Application for coding position   Application for coding position I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:33 pm

My user name is AMTunLimited, and I'm looking to code. I know C, Java, Python, Perl, and can learn pretty easily. The bigger projects I've been in aren't really interactive, and I can almost guarantee this will be the biggest project I've ever been a part of, so I'm really excited to join this project. I've always wanted to program for a video game. I didn't really know what to upload.
The example Neveda0 is uploading for me (because I'm less than 7 days old) is just a little physics engine written in Processing/Java (the language UnrealScript was based on) I wrote in about half an hour. I figured it would be better for you to play with it. The arrow keys move it and you can click, drag, and throw the ball with your mouse.
If this isn't satisfactory (and it probably isn't), please let me know. You can email me at amtunlimited0810 @ gmail(dot)com.
Back to top Go down
neveda0

neveda0

PostSubject: Re: Application for coding position   Application for coding position I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Back to top Go down
piedoom
Admin
piedoom

PostSubject: Re: Application for coding position   Application for coding position I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Looks pretty cool. Truthfully, I know next to nothing about coding, so I can't exactly tell your skill level. But to code such a fluid movement engine in just half an hour seems very nice.
I'd really love to have you join my team, but let me run some things by you first-
-One, This is a completely free to play project
-And two, I'm thinking progress will happen very, VERY slowly. I'm really the only modeler here as we speak, so basically asset production will be quite slow due to school work and other private matters. Just letting you know that this could take... well, a long time.
With that, I'll leave you with a "yes" on my part, so if you'd care to join me in glorious battle, you're quite welcome.
I'll try to set up an SVN for easy sharing of files, but until then we'll just have to use good'ol media upload and dropbox.

So what do you say?
Back to top Go down
https://immolation.forumotion.com
amtunlimited

PostSubject: Coolio   Application for coding position I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:33 pm

That sounds awesome. I was just about to bring up that point. I'm also in school, and that deal sounds good to me. One suggestion, can we use Git instead of SVN, or is it too ingrained? Either way, I'd love to join and am very excited about it!

PS, I had no expectation of getting any money.

Last edited by amtunlimited on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
piedoom
Admin
piedoom

PostSubject: Re: Application for coding position   Application for coding position I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:49 pm

I'll look into git, looks like a cool software. Also, lemme add you to the Mod Team group so you can access stuff like the storyline and such.
Back to top Go down
https://immolation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application for coding position   Application for coding position I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application for coding position
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Immolation Game :: Immolation :: Applications-
Jump to: