Immolation Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A MLP-inspired Unity game.

HomePortalMeet the Mod TeamLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
neveda0

neveda0

MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time) Empty
PostSubject: MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time)   MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:11 am

So, I wanted to know about item use and wielding of objects. I know that you mentioned earlier that you had some concepts for both back mounted and hoof/leg mounted items. Are you thinking of having one or the other, or both, or what? What sort of items are you envisioning for the game? Weapons, even though they aren't really the focus are presumably going to be there, but what about utility items? Medkits? (actually medkits brings up another interesting gameplay point, with the new trend in FPS's going towards the regenerating health model. I don't think regenerating health is good for a stealth game, but it depends on whether you are going for a constantly moving around style of game or a high stress hiding style). You also mentioned a steampunk theme. Would non-pegasus-ponies be able to equip steam-wings (If programming skill/time permits)
Oh, I also found some fun ideas in some of the various brony culture hubs with some good ideas pertaining to this. I don't know if they are useful or not, but I feel I should at least post them:

This one talks about how it is feasible for earth and Pegasus-ponies to have very limited telekinesis (which is shown in the show. Read the post, it is quite informative)
http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/ijsrm/theory_and_hoofnail/?sort=old

Some pictures from EQD's Mock war days. Some good ideas
This doesn't want to cooperate right now.
Basically, unicorns use telekinesis, earth ponies have guns with interestingly modified grips, and pegasus ponies use their mouths. For the most part.
If you are actually interested in seeing examples, the mock war days are relatively easy to find (though it will take a while to actually sift through the several hundred, or perhaps thousand images they have for each of the 5 days EQD has had for this) or I can try to post those images again when my computer wants to cooperate.

Right. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
piedoom
Admin
piedoom

PostSubject: Re: MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time)   MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm thinking of having both items mounted in backpacks, held, and mounted on hooves. For med kits and such, I thought of having a similar system to Left for dead, where healing takes time and makes you go more slowly. For wings, I had some thinking to do. I did give the main character some artificial wings, but I plan to make them Glide-Only. In other words, the player can glide down silently and quickly from a high area, but cannot gain any altitude, as if not it would cause some mapping and technical problems. Think of it like Aang's Glider from Avatar: The Last Airbender (Great show by the way lol). As for the community, I just don't really take into consideration their various musings. I'm going to do what fits best with the storyline and gameplay, though that thread was interesting.
For the main character, I though it would be a good idea to make him a Unicorn that learns different spells in the process of the game, akin to the Plasmids in Bioshock. We'll see where that leads, though. Gotta get the basics down first, I guess. I have a ton of work to do, lol. I'm going to hope to make up some sort of schedule that we can follow and try to get stuff out by.
Back to top Go down
https://immolation.forumotion.com
neveda0

neveda0

PostSubject: Re: MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time)   MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:50 pm

That's good stuff! thank's for the info.

I like that glider idea you have, that should make for some interesting play. Avatar was a great show, I am curious to see how the sequel series turns out.
I am curious about some of the spells you are envisioning. Some of the ones in the show would be very useful in the game (telekinesis, teleportation, gemfinding) are there any other specific ones you are thinking about? Also, it should be noted that doing things similarly to bioshock means either having at least a minor amount of role-playing elements, or the game would play more like Psi-ops (another good game, not as good as Deus Ex or Thief, but you may be able to take some ideas from it).
Anyway, don't worry to much about my ramblings if you are too busy. It should probably be noted that, even though I am genuinely interested, my way of helping (trying to anyway) by forcing content generation through questions about everything I know to ask questions about. You have some good ideas and I want to see them come to full realization.
Have fun sir.

On a side note, Thunderseethe should have an application up soon, and Rabidnudist should be up a little later.
Back to top Go down
piedoom
Admin
piedoom

PostSubject: Re: MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time)   MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:07 am

Oh, absolutely. I love these questions. You're really getting me thinking about later down on in and other technical stuff that I wouldn't have done either wise. Bioshock was just an example of how they sorts of introduced new plasmids. Iunno how I'm going to do magic skills, I'm guessing like Telekinesis will be the ability to throw physics objects, and maybe I'll try some other stuff like fire.
Anyway, to thank you for sending over both of these coders, I'm putting you on the honorary mod-team group. It isn't much yet, but you'll be able to view progress as it stands.
Back to top Go down
neveda0

neveda0

PostSubject: Re: MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time)   MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:58 am

Thank you for that, I promise to use my newly given powers for good.
Back to top Go down
piedoom
Admin
piedoom

PostSubject: Re: MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time)   MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:58 am

lol
even if evil is so much more fun. hehe
Back to top Go down
neveda0

neveda0

PostSubject: Re: MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time)   MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:01 am

Meh, I lied. I'm really more of a chaotic neutral sort of guy.
Back to top Go down
piedoom
Admin
piedoom

PostSubject: Re: MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time)   MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:12 am

your new signature is the best thing ever, just saying
catplanetcatplanet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time)   MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOAR QUESTIONS ('bout items this time)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Immolation Game :: Immolation :: Questions & Suggestions-
Jump to: